Date Posted: 9/11/17
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Starting Salary Range: $39,603.20 - $50,000.00 (Level 210)
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Services, Public Policy/Administration, Political Science, Economics, Urban Planning or related field
Minimum Experience: 1-3 years of community volunteer activities with diverse populations. Bi-Lingual is a Plus
Job Summary: This position functions as a member of the Community Relations team and will be responsible for providing the Chief Marketing Officer with education and outreach services to connect job seekers and community organizations to the workforce system in Milwaukee County. This position receives direction from and reports to the Chief Marketing Officer and will support special projects as directed by the CMO.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written communication skills with the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong oral communication skills with the ability to speak effectively, present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and/or customers.
- Ability to read and interpret technical, legal and financial material and apply to a variety of workforce development programs and clients.
- Ability to compile and analyze information and formulate recommendations.
- Ability to provide technical information and refer clients to appropriate workforce development, training and pre-apprenticeship programs.
- Ability to design forms to record pertinent client and employer information in systems.
- Ability to use various community resources for outreach, research and dissemination of information.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as program manuals, operations plans, technical procedure manuals, various state and federal government regulations, professional journals and general business related periodicals and/or journals.
- Assist with the education and outreach initiatives as outlined in the Department of Community Relations work plan
- Work with the Chief Marketing Officer to develop and implement outreach activities based on best practices, current research and training and placement opportunities
- Research, develop, and implement community outreach activities
- Deliver presentations and distribute materials on Employ Milwaukee programs, services, and initiatives
- Network with other community groups and professionals to establish Employ Milwaukee’s program and service capabilities and to connect them to the workforce system
- Participate in tabling and outreach presentation opportunities at community events
- Seek out opportunities for community outreach and partnerships, including fee-based programming
This job description is intended to outline areas of responsibility of the Community Relations Specialist. It is not a complete list of tasks that are included in the position. The Community Relations Specialist is encouraged to use their experience and creativity to effectively implement the goals of this position. Weekly meetings are held with the Chief Marketing Officer to discuss new ideas or challenges.
Send cover letter and resume, stating the position you are applying for, to:
2342 N. 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53210
Fax: (414) 270-7599
Employ Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer