Date Posted: 2/21/2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Contract Compliance Specialist - Youth Services
Starting Wage: $44,678.40 - $55,848.00 (Level 212)
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human/Social Services, Social Work, Business or related field.
Minimum Experience:Three to six years of contract monitoring experience. Related experience may be considered.
Employ Milwaukee’s Office of Career Exploration (youth department) subcontracts to local agencies for workforce development services. This position monitors the progress of those agencies in meeting performance measures through site visits, data analysis, reporting and personal support to the subcontracted agency’s staff.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills, including one-on-one support, group speaking and occasional meeting facilitation.
- Strong written communication skills including ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to analyze and understand data reports and navigate data inputs regarding client characteristics and service outcomes on spreadsheets and in databases.
- Must be a problem solver with analytical skills and the ability to think independently, willing and able to work effectively without consistent availability of supervision.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, data reports, and government rules related to workforce development contract implementation.
- Working knowledge of PC applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and the Internet.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing and assuring the contractor's compliance with the technical requirements of the contract, including providing the contractor with technical direction, which must remain within the scope of the contract as it is written.
- Reviews and approves reports and all materials provided by the contractor as called for by the contract. Notifies the Program Director if reports or other items submitted are to be rejected and states the basis for rejection.
- Completes and forwards progress reports and final reports.
- Certifies the contractor's invoices for payment. This includes the authority to request the contractor to make corrections and/or submit new invoices when clerical or other errors are detected.
- Prepares memoranda for the record covering all meetings/discussions between the Contract Compliance Specialist and the contractor and forwards copies to the Program Director.
- Advises the contractor about proposed changes, specifically identify the effect that the proposed change(s) will have on the terms of the contract.
- Assures that changes in work under the contract are not implemented before written authorization or a contract modification is issued.
- Recommends to the Program Director/Manager any changes in the contract required by the funder with detailed justification for the proposed change.
- Makes site visits to the contractor's facility and checks contractor performance to include: actual performance versus scheduled and reported performance.
- Responsible for continually determining whether the contract is on schedule, and completing written reports on the status of the contractor as it pertains to meeting performance benchmarks.
Send cover letter and resume, stating the position that you are applying for, to:
2342 N 27th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53210
Fax: (414) 270-7599
Interviews may be conducted during the posting period.
Employ Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer