Date Posted: April 4, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Intern-Business Services
Starting Wage: $11.44/hour (Level 101)
Hours and Length of Internship: 40 hours a week, May – August 2017
Minimum Education: Must be attending post-secondary school
Minimum Experience: Three to six months related experience in a professional setting preferred
Job Summary: Provide support to our Business Services Department
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to type 30 to 35 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment, copiers, fax machines and switch board operations.
- Ability to interact effectively with both guests and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions.
- Proven ability to adapt in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to take directives from multiple individuals and can work as a team or independently.
- Good problem solving skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up with area employers to ensure their needs are being met.
- Data entry into various data systems.
- Pull needed data from our client management system (ETO) to respond to various requests pertaining to Business Services.
- Provide support on local or regional sector initiatives.
- Provide support on current outreach projects such as career expos and job fairs, onsite recruitments, job postings, etc.
- Provide support to the Business Services staff as needed, including performing general research, survey follow-up meeting notes, etc.
Send cover letter and resume, stating the position that you are applying for to:
Human Resource Specialist
2342 N 27th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53210
Fax: (414) 270-7599
Interviews may be conducted during the posting period.
Employ Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer