Date Posted: April 4, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Intern-Marketing and Outreach
Salary: $11.44 hourly (Level 101)
Hours and length of internship: 30 hours a week, May – August 2017
Minimum Education: Must be attending post-secondary school majoring in Human/Social Services, Social Work, Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
Minimum Experience: Three to six months related experience and/or training preferred.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to type 30 to 35 words per minute with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills, flexible, professional and poised.
- Familiarity with fax machines and copiers.
- Ability to interact effectively with both guests and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Must have telephone and in-person interaction and communication skills.
- Proficiency in desktop applications including Word, Excel, Access and the Internet.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide.
- Proven ability to adapt in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also work and think independently.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with research projects
- Provide support at community relations events
- Assist with the planning and marketing of events
- Performs clerical duties including typing memos, correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, and other documents; filing; ordering supplies and performing data entry.
- Prepares purchase orders and check requests.
- Prepare and present a special project to staff during our All Staff Meeting.
- Performs other administrative related duties as assigned.
Send cover letter and resume, stating the position that you are applying for, to:
Human Resource Specialist
2342 N 27th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53210
Fax: (414) 270-7599
Interviews may be conducted during the posting period.
Employ Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer