Date Posted: April 4, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Position Title: Intern – Office of Career Exploration (3 positions)
Starting Wage: $11.44/hour (Level 101)
Hours and Length of Internship: 40 hours a week, May – August 2017
Minimum Education: Must be attending post-secondary school majoring in Human/Social Services, Social Work, Business Administration or related field.
Minimum Experience: Three to six months related experience and/or training preferred. Clerical and Administrative skills required.
Job Summary: Provide administrative support to the Office of Career Exploration
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Proficiency in PC applications including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Familiarity with standard office equipment, computers, copiers and fax machine.
Ability to take directives from multiple individuals and can work as a team or independently.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Ability to comprehend written and verbal instructions.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and clientele from diverse educational and socioeconomic backgrounds
Good problem solving skills.
Strong organizational skills.
Positive professional attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with Earn and Learn program process and completion.
- Filing, data entry, retrieving phone messages, copying, sending faxes, and other office work.
- Operates multi-line telephone console to receive incoming calls.
- Collects and distributes faxes and messages.
- Performs variety of clerical duties as assigned.
- Provides support for office professionals as required.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Available to work some Saturdays and/or late hours as needed.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Office of Career Exploration.
Send cover letter and resume, stating the position that you are applying for, to:
2342 N 27th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53210
Fax: (414) 270-7599
Interviews may be conducted during the posting period.
Employ Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer