Date Posted: November 28, 2016
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Manager – Data Services
Starting Salary Range:
$55,494.40 - $76,000.00 (Level 215)
Master’s degree in Information Systems preferred. A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information management, finance, economics, math, statistics or a related field required.
Five years of experience in managing large customer or client electronic data stores
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience with cloud-storage applications and online form building
- Power users with Microsoft Excel and advanced formula writing
- Must possess hands-on knowledge and experience with database design and maintenance using network based software and procedures. This should include the use of such products as Oracle, Sequel Server, or DB-2.
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings preferred experience with object orientated reporting platforms (i.e. Business Objects, Business Intelligence)
- Provide key data insights, analysis, and use-friendly dashboards to staff with a strong emphasis on data visualization
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as program manuals, operations plans, technical procedure manuals, various state and federal government regulations, professional journals and general business related periodicals and/or journals and apply it to a variety of workforce development programs.
- Perform project planning and take responsibility for the activities leading to the establishment of an integrated participant data source.
- Compile and analyze information and formulate recommendations.
- Provide technical information and assistance on workforce development programs and business services
- Monitor program performance and develop monitoring tools for assessing subcontractor performance and reviewing participant records.
- Design online forms to record pertinent information and systems for retention and retrieval of data.
- Collect, tabulate and analyze employment and training data for use in Planning and Business Services.
- Strong contributor in team environments writing effective and concise correspondence and reports while employing good oral and written communication skills in order to clearly communicate technical concepts to users and staff.
- Ability to manage and interact with a diverse group of users and staff.
- For each of the Employ Milwaukee programs, define the client and vendor data capture requirements and implement the processes associated with these.
- Create, implement and develop data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Define paper flow, document verification processes, and data entry steps to ensure that all electronic data is complete, accurate, and consistent with program and management needs.
- Train department and program staff in the processes required for their specific participant/vendor data capture responsibilities. This will include but not be limited to grant mandated systems (ASSET, MIS, etc.), Employ Milwaukee internal data collection system, ETO and various data systems (SalesForce, OWRA, and other federal, state and local electronic or paper data sources.)
- Design and produce reports to support program requirements as well as general statistical data to support management objectives.
- Oversee the collection and publication of local economic data impacting Employ Milwaukee’s programs and mission.
- Conducts research and develops concepts, objectives and cost analyses for job-training programs related to various participant groups and/or employer needs.
- On a consistent and timely basis schedule, run, verify the accuracy, and electronically publish required or desired Program reports.
- Design and run client and vendor performance reports and provide analysis to Employ Milwaukee’s Board and management.
- Interact with vendor, state agency or other sources regarding the form, format and processes related to participant data capture as well as reporting needs.
- To the extent possible and practical, integrate common data needs so numbers of local or remote data files and sources are more efficiently used.
- Interface with information technology staff so that all appropriate hardware and software resources are available for client system users.
- Work with resource providers/vendors to ensure that processes and data are secured and properly backed up.
- Manage the data portion of the scanning and index processes associated with paper document storage and secured retrieval.
- Oversee the storage or disposal of documents and reports no longer needed to support program and management directives.
- Attend Workforce Investment Opportunities Act and other workforce development committee meetings (i.e. Board and Board Sub Committee meetings, etc.) as requested.
- Keep current with program data requirements, database technologies, image processes, and related labor market information.
EMPLOY MILWAUKEE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Send cover letter and resume, stating the position you are applying for, to:
2342 N. 27th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53210
Fax: (414) 270-7599