Date Posted: April 6, 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Starting Salary Range: $55,494.40 – $69,368.00 (Level 215)
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree Preferred.
Minimum Experience: 3 years of management experience.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal communication skills to include public speaking, presentation and human relations skills.
- Excellent written communication skills to write business reports, correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to network effectively with youth and adults, both of diverse socio-economic backgrounds.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the most complex documents.
- Proficient with MS Office and standard office equipment.
- Knowledge of budget development, management by objectives and goal setting.
- Negotiating, analytical and time management skills.
- Must possess good reasoning ability.
- Ability to accurately compute percentages, budgetary amounts, statistics and other formulas necessary for business analysis.
- Must be able to interpret charts and graphs.
- Under the direction of the Office of Career Exploration Director, monitor and assist in oversight of all Office of Career Exploration programs subcontracts performance and program compliance against scopes of work.
- Works with the Office of Career Exploration Director to advise and plan program objectives for Office of Career Exploration programs and staff, as well as strategic planning to attain goals, and monitors performance against goals.
- Assist the Director with directly supervising assigned staff, including responding to staff questions, managing staff performance evaluations, supporting staff professional development needs, assisting with any needed hiring, and helping to support a teamwork environment.
- Provide ongoing staff development in coordination with Office of Career Exploration Director and technical assistance to staff.
- Promote coordination with other Employ Milwaukee divisions and key partners to increase access programs and services for youth.
- Coordinate and provide guidance to Office of Career Exploration staff on summer and year round youth employment programs that includes developing cooperative relationships with schools, community-based organizations, and the private sector to provide employment opportunities.
- Work with the Fund Development Department to seek and provide programmatic information on opportunities for new funding.
- Works with Director to provide oversight on all pre-award and post award activities.
- Coordinate program worksite visits with contract monitors and acts as liaison for coordination of state and federal contract monitoring of the Office of Career Exploration contracts.
- Collaborate with relevant Local, Regional and Federal youth workforce development programs.
- Direct and coordinate staff, data systems and procedures related to processing and tracking of subcontracts and agreements; manages daily activities of the grants and helps develop goals and technical assistance for the Office of Career Exploration department.
- Manage and monitor data collection under state and federal data collection systems and coordinate implementation of additional data collection programs such as Efforts to Outcomes (ETO).
- Ensure upon contract award that systems are in place to gather all information required to meet internal and external contract conditions and coordinate regularly with relevant contract monitors, data and fiscal staff ensuring that information flow is timely and appropriate actions are taken as needed.
- Participate in internal or external audits of department grants/contracts by providing information and documentation as requested and take appropriate action following audit reviews.
- Develops, conducts and administers in-house and external compliance training initiatives including staff training, data system training with approval from the Director.
- Providing assistance and support to Director regarding creating/updating policies, procedures, regulations, and issues/trends.
- Preparing and maintain materials used for subcontractor training and Standard Operating Procedures.
Send cover letter and resume, stating the position you are applying for, to:
2342 N. 27th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53210
Fax: (414) 270-7599
Interviews may be conducted during the posting period.
Employ Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer