Employ Milwaukee is a proud partner of the American Job Center Network.
American Job Centers (also known as One-Stop Centers) are designed to provide a full range of assistance to job seekers under one roof. Established under the Workforce Investment Act, and reauthorized in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunities Act of 2014, the centers offer training referrals, career counseling, job listings, and similar employment-related services. Job seekers can visit a center in person or connect to the center's information online.
The American Jobs Center System is coordinated by the Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration (ETA). ETA's Website provides a clickable map of American Jobs Centers’ web sites for each state and a list of state, regional, and local center contacts. You can also find a center by calling ETA's toll-free help line at (877) US-2JOBS (TTY: 1-877-889-5267).
Job Center of Wisconsin is an employment website operated by the Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development – Job Service. Job Service is a valued partner to the Wisconsin Workforce Development system. Job Service provides labor exchange services to businesses and job seekers, through the many Job Centers located throughout Wisconsin and also through Job Center of Wisconsin.
Local Job Service staff are available to assist you by providing the following information and services:
- Job Search Assistance
- Individual and Group Career Exploration
- Re-employment Services to Unemployment Insurance Claimants
- Labor Market Information and Resources for Employers and Job Seekers
- Job Seeker Resource Rooms with Computer Access and Staff Assistance Available
- Workshops to Assist Job Seekers with Resumes, Interview Techniques, and other work search skills
- Technical assistance and liaison services to employers in recruitment and workforce retention planning
In addition to the services above, Job Service staff can provide information and assistance about State and Federal programs. These Federal and State programs are available to assist job seekers as well as to support employers.