Associate of Proposal Development and Planning Research
Date Posted: 11/6/17
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Science, Education, Business Management, Public Administration or related field.
Minimum Experience: One to three years’ work experience in planning or fund development.
Job Summary: This position reports to and receives direction from the Fund Development & Strategic Initiatives Manager. It is responsible for researching, analyzing, and synthesizing strategic and program planning and articulating those plans in written form to secure resources and develop new or enhanced programs and services.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Forward thinker able to see the big picture and communicate that picture in writing.
- Strong communicator able to listen effectively to all team members, integrate multiple points of view, and synthesize concepts to sell the vision.
- Ability to work independently and as a Fund Development & Strategic Initiatives’ team member.
- Effective time-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Knowledge of PC applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Write and edit persuasive, compelling, and concise communication and grant materials related to organizational fundraising and external relationship building and planning.
- Contribute to the department’s proposal planning, grant submission design and tone, including collaborating internally on development of program design, key metrics, and budgets and to present these features within a creative narrative.
- Tactfully drives urgency toward completion of tasks and hitting established deadlines for product or proposals under development.
- Conducts research to provide timely, accurate, and analytical information to inform the fund development and strategic planning process.
- Overall team player and collaborator around the planning and execution of activities related to Planning, Strategic Initiatives / Relationship Cultivation, and Fund Development.
- Helps establish and maintain guidelines for the creation of the department’s products such as profiles, one-page briefs, and the grants calendar.
- Other duties as assigned
Send cover letter and resume, stating the position you are applying for, to:
Human Resources, Employ Milwaukee
2342 N. 27th Street, Milwaukee, WI 53210
Employ Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity Employer