The Rapid Response Team is able to begin working with your company as soon as you provide notice that your company is considering or experiencing temporary or permanent layoffs. We can provide you and your workforce with information and resources to assist both during a difficult transition time. The first step to obtaining assistance to contact the Rapid Response Coordinator. For businesses in Milwaukee County, contact Jeffrey McAlister: email@example.com.
Benefits to Businesses:
- Prior to a layoff or closure, Employ Milwaukee (EM) can assist with access to resources that may help avert a layoff, or help decrease the number of affected workers, including working with community partners to enhance industry specific knowledge and labor market information
- Lower unemployment insurance costs when services begin prior to the actual layoff
- Decreased likelihood of work disruptions, misconduct, and the spreading of damaging rumors
- And more!
Services for Impacted Workers:
- Conduct information sessions covering programs and services, including: Unemployment Insurance, the Dislocated Worker Program and Job Center services and benefits.
- Conduct group workshops on a variety of topics, such as; job search, career exploration, skill assessment, resume assistance, job training (short-term prevocational training or occupational training), interviewing and budgeting, and more.
- Conduct targeted on-site job and/or resource fairs for affected workers.
- And other types of supportive services!
Online Information Sessions may be available.