COVID-19 Testing for Milwaukee’s Communities of Color
On May 7th Governor Tony Evers announced an initiative providing free coronavirus (COVID-19) testing for all of Wisconsin’s African Americans, Latinos, and tribal community members. The free testing could help save untold lives and prevent further spread of the novel virus, which has taken a staggeringly lopsided and deadly toll on people of color across the city and the metro area.
The free testing, which will be available starting Monday, May 11th, will be done at the following locations:
- 2701 S. Chase Ave.
- 5760 W. Capitol Dr.
Both locations will be open from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. seven days a week
Local Food Pantries
Get information on where to find food HERE
MPS Lunch Sites
Manage Your Finances
We know this is a stressful time for you. If you are in crisis and need immediate assistance, please call
- Milwaukee County Crisis Services: 414-257-7222
- Veterans Crisis Line: 1-800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- IMPACT 211--Housing, shelter, mental health, and other support resources: 211
- Sojourner Family Peace Center--Shelter & resources for victims of domestic abuse: 414-933-2722
COVID 19 Information in Hmong
To get in touch with the Hmong American Friendship Association, you can call: 414-344-6575, or email: email@example.com