Fresh Coast Tech Up is a paid ($10/hour stipend for in-class hours) bootcamp style program that provides young adults and adult learners, whether employed or unemployed, the opportunity to obtain in-demand IT occupational skills training that culminates in industry recognized credentials.
The bootcamp-style program prepares participants with all the skills necessary for IT customer service roles. Some relevant job titles include Help Desk Analyst, Computer Support Specialist, IT Specialist, and Technical Support Specialist.
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Eligible to work in the US
- Ability to meet basic computer literacy requirements
- Ability to attend classes for 16 weeks
- Highly motivated with an interest in IT
BOOT CAMP TRAINING
This cohort-based training provides 16-week, remote, instructor led learning to prepare individuals for career opportunities in Computer User Support positions.
All classes are taught by Milwaukee Area Technical College professors! Currently, Fresh Coast Tech Up consists of 4 courses:
- Computer Information Systems Fundamentals
- CompTIA A+ Essentials and IT Technician
- Support Center IT Technician
- Network Communication
Upon successful completion of the boot camp, individuals WILL EARN:
- MATC IT Service Center Technician Certificate
- MATC Digital Badge
- Wisconsin Certified Pre-Apprenticeship Program Certificate
Upon successful completion of the boot camp, individuals MAY EARN:
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA Network+
As a participant in the Fresh Coast Tech Up you will have access to many benefits, including:
- Paid in-class hours!
- Volunteer opportunities with local tech companies
- Access to industry recruiting partners
- Access to industry specific recruiting events
- Career placement from Employ Milwaukee Sector Specialist
- Resume development
- LinkedIn profile development
- Employer research techniques
1 Summer 2022 Professional Development Workshop
MKE Tech - movement rallies businesses, entrepreneurs, community organizations and people who share a passion for tech to come together to create a connected, sustainable, and inclusive tech ecosystem in southeastern Wisconsin.
Digital Bridge - A local technology refurbisher focusing on digital inclusion by refurbishing technology assets for distribution in Milwaukee, the nation, and the world!
Area Employers - Employ Milwaukee staff continually develop relationships with area employers in need of hiring tech talents.
Tech Up Testimonial
Questions? - Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK HERE FOR FLYER