On-the-Job Training (OJT) is a work-based training model that is considered one of the most effective ways to train new employees. OJT’s improve motivation and retention of new hires, reinforce ongoing learning and upgrade transferable skills. The OJT program is especially helpful to businesses that find a new hire candidate who would be a great fit with the company culture and demonstrates potential for long-term employment but may lack technical skills. OJT is a great method for teaching technical skills while helping to offset the employer’s cost associated with any loss of productive time while training a new hire.
As an OJT Employer:
- You make the hiring decision
- You determine the job performance standards
- You retain the right to terminate a trainee
- You may be eligible to receive between 50 – 75% reimbursement of the participant’s wages (with a maximum of $11/hr.) during the training period, based on the size of your business
- We reimburse you with prompt payments
To learn more about OJT and the benefits to your company, please contact us before you hire. OJT’s cannot be funded after hiring takes place.
If you are interested in exploring this option for your workforce training needs, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Biz.Services@employmilwaukee.org for assistance or with questions.