Unemployment Insurance (UI)
Have you been laid off as the result of the COVID-19 outbreak? Click HERE for an FAQ from the Department of Workforce Development.
Immediately Apply for UI Benefits Online
What to Have Ready When Applying for UI:
- A username and password for filing online
- A valid email or mobile number
- Your social security number
- Your Wisconsin driver license or identification number
- Your work history for the last 18 months:
- Employers' business names
- Employers' addresses (including zip code)
- Employers' phone number
- First and last dates of work with each employer
- Reason no longer working with each employer
Department of Workforce Development Website
Unemployment Benefits for Claimants One Stop
Helpful UI Resources
Important UI Information During COVID-19 Emergency Orders
- Currently, you may go back two weeks from the week you start your initial application without an eligibility issue. Once you begin the claim, you will be brought to a calendar. Simply choose the correct week you want the claim to begin.
- As a result of Governor Evers Emergency Order, you do not need to do a work search during the Governor's declared emergency. The Department is in the process of making the necessary updates. No action is needed on your part regarding the work search.
- Some individuals who apply for Unemployment Insurance (UI) may be required to register with the Job Center of Wisconsin (JCW). (see below) You will be notified upon completion of your claim if you are required to complete the registration.
Job Center of Wisconsin Labor Exchange
Job seekers who need assistance with searching for jobs, registering on JCW, or utilizing any of the online tools should email JobCenterofWisconsin@dwd.wisconsin.gov or call the number below listed for your county to make an appointment for over-the-phone support.
Helpful JCW Resources
Accessing Training and Career Services as a Dislocated Worker
Services for Dislocated Workers who are seeking Occupational Skills Training, On-the-Job Training (OJT), Job Readiness Training, and Customized Training can be found HERE.
Employers have immediate openings for jobs created or impacted by the COVID-19 public health and economic crisis.
Visit the Job Center of Wisconsin for more immediate job openings.